Friday, October 22, 2010
Here are this weeks minutes.. Maybe more of a synopsis of things going on, since we had kind of an atypical meeting —either way, here it is:
It was a success! I want to thank everyone who took the time to make stuff, as well as those who sat at the table to sell.
Green Mount Cemetery Trip
We are meeting outside of Brown at 11:30am this Saturday!* Tabitha has offered drive for us and if anyone else is willing to drive, it would be a great help! We should be done around 2pm at the latest. If you know any GD kids or friends that want to come, we still have open spaces (non GD members will be $10 instead of $5). The more the scarier...
I will send out a reminder email to all that signed up.
*REMINDER If you are riding your bike there, please meet up at Brown at 11:30 as well, so everyone can pay before we get there. Would just be easier on Emily and me. Also, it would be good to meet up so you know how to get there/where to meet at the cemetery. Please let me know if this causes any problems for you.
If you need to contact me if you are running late, etc. Please call my cell at 248 342 5785.
That last day to become an official member of the national AIGA group for $50, is October 30th. You can do this online at AIGA's website. Next week during our meeting we can go over this together, for those of us who haven't already gotten it.
Create Don't Hate
This is going to be a second running of this program in the Baltimore area this year. More information coming soon.If you are interested in participating, I can send you more information or give it to you at the next meeting.
That's all folks.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
1) NYC Trip was Postponed
- Planning for a trip during the spring next semester instead, due to lack of interest for fall break.
2) Bake Sale
- Sent an email out about this just a minute ago.
- Starts at 2pm this thursday. (Tomorrow)
- Bring your bake goods to Cohen Plaza, at 2 or during the meeting.
- If you need to bring your bake goods in earlier than that, drop them off in the GD Lounge with a note on them.
3) Green Mount Cemetery Trip
- THIS WEEKEND! Saturday, the 23rd.
- I will send out a reminder email Friday to everyone that signed up, to give out details, where to meet etc.
4) AIGA President (Chris Jones) Visited
- He came by last weeks meeting and gave a quick info session about the AIGA Baltimore and national group.
- For any questions we have throughout the year, we shouldn't hesitate to contact him.
- If we have any designers we want to lecture in Baltimore, he is open for suggestions and can work with us to get them or other scheduled lectures to be at MICA.
5) Bill Fick
- THIS WEEKEND! Saturday, the 23rd at 6pm.
- More information to follow during the meeting (since I can't seem to find the facebook event to send to all of you)
That should be everything. See you tomorrow!
Hope your fall break has been great!
Just a reminder: tomorrow is the AIGA bake sale in Cohen Plaza. We are going to start at 2pm. Please drop your bake goods off there at 2 or during the meeting. If you are able to sit out at the table at all that afternoon, we could really use the help and would appreciate it a lot!
Tomorrow's meeting will also be taking place outside in Cohen Plaza near the bake sale table. I will make sure there is a note in the lounge for people who don't get this.
Also, If you need to drop off baked goods earlier than 2, you can leave them in the lounge with a note attached. If you can, email me to let me know you did, and I will know to check and bring them down.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
We're meeting again, come get re-aquatinted or introduce yourselves.
We're gonna talk about scheduling, upcoming events and all that good stuff.
We will be meeting in Brown 303 (also known as the Lounge) at 3pm on Thurs.
If you cant make it, ask somebody to fill you in! We're going to be putting the minutes on the blog this year - for realz.
hope to see you there!